maanantai 3. syyskuuta 2012

Wasting My Time

Where did the weekend go? Did it really end already? How come 24 hours sometimes slip into days?  I feel like yesterdya was Friday evening..

The last episode of House (season 6) came last Thursday. What will I watch from TV now? Probably nothing, now I'm just waiting for the season 7. Or Sopranos replay.

I'm back in business again; my "promise" of not buying CDs has failed again. First I was happily surprised when my dad had bought me Who's Next? and after that I've bought Vapor Trails by Rush and New York Dolls' first album too. But I haven't bought that new Aerosmith album yet, I don't even know if I'm going to.
But, Neil Peart has written the book "Clockwork Angels" and that's definitely something I'm going to buy (when it'll be published in Finland..)

I've spent this weekend by playing guitar. I don't know how many hours is the sum but on Saturday I played only "Nobody's Fault But Mine" for 4,5 hours. Sounds crazy but I did. I just decided to learn it. Although I know I can never play it as well as Jimmy Page does, or make it sound the same. By the way, have you ever noticed how annoying the live DVDs actually are? That they always film the wrong things? When the guitarist starts to play, the camera zooms in to singers face. Then the camera shows the solo like two seconds and then the guitarists face. Maybe the directors are just people who know nothing about playing music, or they have missed the point.

At the moment my gig calendar looks like this:
28th October: Alice Cooper, support acts Ugly Kid Joe and Duff McKagan
19th November: John McLaughlin & The 4th Dimension (I'm not sure of that, but Jeff Beck, who is my greatest guitarist idol has said that he is the best living guitar player, so that actually means I'm going...)
10th June 2013: Rush
(random date 2013): Rolling Stones

I think next year is gonna be better gig year than this has been. The Who is on tour, and I need to see Jeff Beck live. And Robert Plant. The summer festival called Järvenpää Puistoblues would be cool.

So, nothing really special has happened.. School works are stealing all of my freetime too, so I'll try to keep on writing here always when I have time. And, in case you know a store where it's possible to buy motivation for studying, can you inform me? I really feel like I could hang the person who invented the equations and fractions. I mean, I can play guitar for 5 hours, but focus on equation for 5 minutes? No way.


God himself.
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti