sunnuntai 11. marraskuuta 2012

Take me down to the Paradise City..

Sorry for the writing break... but I'm back again.

So, we were in London. I still don't know what to say about it, it was perfect. It was still like summer there, although it was pretty cold and it was raining every evening. But it didn't matter, the city was awesome. We were there for 5 days, from Friday 26th of October to 30th of October.. we got also stuck to Riga airport, and I learned to hate airports and airplanes. I still like flying, though.

We visited all those place were tourists should, like Buckingham (how do you write it?) Palace and London Bridge and Madame Tussauds', but other places we more our style. We spent half a day in The Beatles Store and It's Only Rock N' Roll Store and huge record store on Oxford Street called HMV. We also visited Hard Rock Cafe.. There was Paul McCartney's violin, Jeff Beck's guitar, Pete Townshend's guitar, Roger Waters' guitar, Brian May's guitar, Keith Richards' jacket and guitar, John Lennon's jacket, John Bonham's drumset... that place was really cool. And I have never eaten better chocolate cake anywhere :)
We spent also half of the day in Camden Town and Camden Lock, a street full of weird and unique stores. Fascinating place, have to say. If you're going to London and want to find cool shoes, go to Camden. You'll find them from there.

Now I'm sure I'm going to move to London after I graduate from IB. I know it. I have to. I love that city. It's a place for any kind of people, I guess. AND it's home of rock music. And rain.. doesn't matter at all. I loved everything there, even the rain I guess.

But the real reason we went to London in the end of October (the worst season to travel there, right?) was Alice Cooper's Halloween Night Of Fear. The concert was at Wembley Arena, which is next to Wembley Hilton Hotel (arena is probably for 10 000 people, so not so big place) in the evening 28th October. The doors were opened at 18.00 and we were there already at 15.00 so we stood in line for 3 hours. And I saw Duff McKagan at Hilton hotel. Can you imagine? I was shocked, I almost fell down in stairs and then I started to cry. And I couldn't say a word to him, of course not. Haha, I'm pathetic..

But the show.. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. The athmosphere was cool, but the audience was actually too much like the Finnish one. That was weird. And it was clear the audience was only waiting for Alice Cooper, people weren't really keen on Loaded.. they hardly even claped their hands. I didn't know that Ugly Kid Joe was so popular in UK, because I had never heard of them before. The best part of the supporting acts were "It's So Easy" by Loaded and "Ace of Spades" by Ugly Kid Joe ft. Duff McKagan. And I was amazend of that how well Duff can actually sing. He was cool! <3

One of Loaded songs.. I couldn't find good new version of "It's So Easy" from anywhere..

And Alice Cooper. He was.. I still don't know what to say about him. He was wonderful. AND he played Ballad of Dwight Fry, that I was so happy about. He played all his most famous songs and a tribute to John Lennon, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison by playing "Break On Through", "Revolution", "Foxey Lady" and "My Generation". That was one of the best parts of the show, at least I had a great party. And he ended the show to School's out and parts of Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall. It was amusing to notice how the teenagers in the audience sang Pink Floyd so loud, when the band suddenly stopped playing.
Only thing to complain about is that he didn't die even once on the stage. I mean, it was Halloween Night of FEAR and it was probably the first ever Cooper show when Alice didn't die at all on stage. So that was kind of odd. Otherwise it was really fantastic show, I'm already now missing it. And I'm missing the guitar player Tommy Henriksen. He was sooo cute and he smiled at me like ten times <3 And he reminded me about Dregen, now I miss him too :(

 
 
(I couldn't add my own photos here and I haven't taken these videos, but I hope you'll get the idea.. I'll add my photos right away I make my other computer work again.. then here'll be photos from London and CD's all all stuff.. but I hope these videos will do for now.)
 
Celebration Day comes next week. Live Kisses -film comes next week. John McLaughlin's concert is after a week and one day.. and today it's Father's Day and I bought my dad a Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here 5 disc special edition box set that cost.. fucking much. I hope he likes it (:
 
 
      

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti