tiistai 12. kesäkuuta 2012

Crüe, Crüe, Crüe (Kaisaniemi 7th of June)

So, I went to Helsinki to see Mötley Crüe. In the morning I woke up at three o'clock, went to work at five, came home at twelve and then left to trainstation. Trains were broken and we arrived to Helsinki late, at half past five, so I couldn't see Crashdïet at all. But I saw the end of Hardcore Superstar show, it was better than I had thought. I don't like any of the Hardcore Superstar songs that are played on the radio, but in the show they didn't play those songs, good for them. Then, they had problems with the sound check, guitars didn't sound right, they checked the sound of guitars about five times. And Mötley had to start late, about half past eight, so their show lasted only one and half hour. Anyway, it didn't really matter.

At first I was a bit worried about songs they're gonna play (in case I wouldn't know any of them) and sceptic about the whole thing. I have to say, musically Mötley isn't very good live band, but they know how to make good rock n' roll SHOW. They had everything, great lightshow, hot girls and USA flags on stage, only motorbikes were missing.

They started with "Wild Side" and then played old stuff from 80's, like "Live Wire", "Shout At The Devil", "Too Fast For Love" and "Same Ol' Situation". The only new song was "Saints of Los Angeles", unsurprisingly. At first, Mick Mars seemed to be quite lost with the songs. Also, the guitar was so hard to hear, so I believe many of the guitar lines had been recorded before. But as sick and thin and pained (in times) as Mick looked, he could move better than I had thought. Good for him ♥
The drum solo was cool, and Tommy Lee is the best live player of that group. Nikki was as cute as always, and he obviously likes Finland. But Vince, he sang alright (his voice matches to songs better live than on records) but he is not good looking, has never been. And there's something annoying in his behaviour and in his manners.


In the end they played their big hits, "Girls, Girls, Girls", "Smokin' in the boys' room", "Dr. Feelgood" and so on, and the last song was "Kickstart my heart". The setlist was basic but good for me, 'cause if they had played more unknown songs, I couldn't have sung with in any of them. So, for the crowd this setlist was good.

I liked the show much more than I had believed. The guys seemed really enjoy of performing and the gig wasn't too serious. Even though I'm not the greatest fan and I went there only for seeing Nikki and Mick (and I'm a great Hanoi Rocks fan!!) I could go again, just for fun. I didn't get the feeling that there would be a problem between Hanoi and Mötley or their fans, there were many people wearing Hanoi Rocks and Michael Monroe shirts. In case Mötley will ever come again,(I don't know of the state of health of Mick) I promise to be in the front line, and get all the fake blood on my face and clothes and hair... 

Here's few more photos (I took so much videos too, but the voice and descants broke all the time so videos are horrible to listen to):   


The drumset really twirled around at the drum solo
Photo's from "Home Sweet Home", Vince can't sing it live..

Girls, Girls, Girls (I should have taken a video)      
                                             


My favorite photo of Mick, taken with a killer zoom

And by the way, you have no idea of how difficult it is to take a photo of Nikki Sixx.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti