maanantai 25. heinäkuuta 2011

Genre by Genre #5

Welcome to the ocean
welcome to the sea
welcome to the jungle...

 Is all I need to tell. Sorry of the break, last weeks was full of everything "which had to be done" so I can say I was kinda busy. We were first few days at our summer cottage and then two nights sleepover at my friend's house. That kind of stuff.

I decided to continue this, 'cause now I really haven't done anything else than listened to music. And genre is glamrock, by the way. I love almost everyting of it; the attitude, the style, music, everything. Genrely, most of my favorite bands are punk bands, that's maybe 'coz for that there're millions of little punk bands. But glamrock has been always closer of my heart.

ATTENTION: Don't mess Glamrock with 80's heavy (Europe, Bon Jovi etc.) Cause those two genres are totally different and I don't like the last one at all. Glamrocks attitude was far more revolting and shocking, ya'know.

First rockband that I have ever liked is Guns N' Roses. Or, actually it's the second one, but first that I liked that much I can say I'm the fan of it. In case you understand what I'm saying. Anyway, I started to listen to it in winter 2007-2008, so now I've liked it about 4,5 years. And I still like it. 
Glamrock is the best thing that happened in music in 80's, believe me. Guns N' Roses' music was something different, compared to those nowadays rockbands. Two guitars' rock like the Rolling Stons but mixed with so much more, pop, punk etc. GN'R made three perfect albums, Appetite for distruction, Use your illusion I and Use your illusion II, and few not as famous records. Everything shoud have ended, when Slash and Duff McKagan left the band 1994, they just got fed up with Axl Rose's huge ego. I don't wonder; Axl has hard kind of personality. GN'R didn't stop. Axl got new guitarists to band and continued, thinkin that he's all GN'R himself. Unfortunately. But I'll have always a place in my heart for 80's GN'R. 

Izzy, Slash, Axl, Steven and Duff <3

I didn't buy Chinese Democracy.
I've bought Velvet Revolver albums and I like it, as I like Slash's solo music too.
( I think Slash is the reason why I started to listen to GN'R. Or maybe it was his hair.)

But there's a band which was an idol for Axl Rose and Slash. And, believe it or not, it's Finnish.
I've liked it for a year, but the problem is, that nobody ever plays it anywhere. When I listened songs last fall from youtube, I hadn't heard any of them. That pissed me off. 'Cause the music I listened from youtube was the best Finnish music I've ever heard. Do Finns have attitude problem when they can't be proud of that unfinnish attitude and unfinnish style? I couldn't have ever believed that actually Finnish people have created glamrock. Cocatil of classic rock, pop and punk.

Hanoi rocks. Nasty Suicide, Sami Yaffa, Razzle, Andy McCoy and Michael Monroe.
OK, maybe I can say I'm proud of being Finnish. Sometimes.


Guns N' Roses: Civil War.
One of my favorite songs of GN'R, sad that they can't do that kind of music anymore.


GN'R: My Michelle


Hanoi Rocks: Underwater World
Doesn't sound Finnish, can you claim so? By the way, some people who have listened to GN'R's first album may have noticed, that GN'R admired Hanoi rocks on some level. Listen to words of this song and names of the songs of GN'R. Got it? 


Hanoi rocks: Don't you ever leave me
Don't say this is cliche, please. Just love it.
Two steps from the move from 1984. In the same year Razzle was in car crash, Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil drove the car drunk and Razzle died. Somebody said that Razzle's greatest wish was to get to Los Angeles on their American tour. Nowadays, you can find his grave from there.

Too fast to live, to you to die.
I'm gonna tattoo that sentence to my arm.
  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti