maanantai 12. maaliskuuta 2012

For The Good Old-Fashioned Times

It's always us; the young people. I realized, that older people just can't understand us (or me). Especially, if we're talking about music. They can't believe, that we exactly LIKE the same music, or those bands we tell  adults we listen to. They think we're fakin', or we have read information from Wikipedia and then telling it to our parents somehow proudly. Well, that's not true.

Next summer, Queen plays a tribute/reunion/whatever show in Soniphere, Knebworth, with Adam Lambert as vocalist. When I told my dad that I want to go there, he said: "no, 'cause it's not original, that's pathetic, and the band is artifial. " Yeah, of course it's not the real Queen, but it's impossible too see live anymore. Freddie Mercury died FIVE years before I was even born, so I didn't really have a chance to see Queen live. That's not my fault. But when I have an opportunity to see even a trace of that brilliance, which Queen would have had in it's live shows in the 80's, I'm not gonna miss it. That's all I have, that's all what teenage music people have. And it's so sad to notice, that adults don't get it. They've lived the times when Led Zeppelin played, when The Clash played, when The Doors played, and so on. Why adults don't let that same happen to us?

Or do they think, that teenagers are that stupid, that they don't really care? They would go to see those reunion bands as jokes? That's not true. If I could go to Soniphere to see half of the real Queen, I'd probably cry almost all of the showtime. Same with The Clash reunion, or Led Zeppelin, or Guns N' Roses, Hanoi Rocks, any band. The teenagers, who would come to these concerts, really love those bands, I believe, 'cause I do.

And, you must not forget, that unfortunately the music is immortal, but musicians and bands are not. I can't get the thought of Ronnie James Dio in Finland in 2007 out of my head, 'cause I didn't have any reason to stay away from there. Only, that I didn't know any song by Dio, I just knew he was some singer guy... But the point is, that I was alive, I was 11 fuckin' years old, so old enough to go.. if I just would have known. Now, when Tony Iommi has lymphoma, I'm scared that I'm never gonna see him live. If Rolling Stones still leaves for tour, it must be one of the last tours of them, so then I MUST go to see them live. Same thing with the other old rockers. Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Paul McCartney... none of them will live forever.

So, I gotta get tickets to that Queen show. If you're my age, and you like real music, you'll know how I feel. And I hope, that even that fake Queen wouldn't be alright to adults, who have lived in the times of Freddie Mercury, the Queen we have now is all of the band for every person younger than 25. And if adults complain that Led Zeppelin without John Bonham isn't real, today's Led Zeppelin with other original members is all that we, young people, can get. We can, or we have to, settle for it, so why the adults can't? Are they really that bitter or what? 

Only one thing more. We can, and we will, fight about these thing with older people as far to future as I can see. But please, let the dead musician and idols rest in peace. They can't change their fate anymore, and they can't defend themselves from all the shit what people can talk about them, so I don't want to make this case to be their fault. Because even though many good people have died, many of them are still alive. The music should be the mainpoint, anyway. And we, the teenagers who love rock n' roll,  are the people, who are gonna save the rock genre some day in the future. Deal with it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti