keskiviikko 28. syyskuuta 2011

Genre by Genre #6

First, thanx of telling that blog's font sucks! Sorry for that, I just liked it myself. But maybe it was anyway time for change, I haven't changed anything for damn long time.. XD

I thought that it would also be time for write about music.. now, I could write about pop.

Well yeah, it's maybe hard to believe that listen to some freakin NRJ, but  sometimes it's funny to know what songs are most popular next month.. Ya know, especially in pop genre nowadays, one song is a hit for.. about few weeks, then it's out and next song comes on sell. All is about business, not about music. And, you can eeasily hear, that same dude has made songs for Katy Perry, Rihanna, Ke$ha and Lady Gaga. Seriously, they don't write songs themselves. I think it's sad, 'cause now young people don't respect real songwriter musicians anymore.  Same is with computers. Young people know that you can easily make any sound with computer, so they don't respect for example guitar players anymore. They almost laugh, that why should someone practise 20 years to be the best guitarist, when you can make same solo with computer in half hour? I think that's crazy..

Pop has it's bad sides but there is pop music that I like. Michael Jackson was amazing dancer, he wrote all songs himself, and he was first wo mixed soul, funk and pop that well together. He made his own pop genre. Actually, I think my favorite pop music really is from 80's. Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Kate Bush... all from 80's.

In David Bowie's and Peter Gabriel's music I love the experiments.. their music was like lab, they tested everything new. Best examples are Bowie's songs like "Scary Monsters" or "Under Pressure" whitch was made with Queen. I think "Radio Gaga" by Queen really is one of the cutest pop songs ever.

And about Kate Bush.. I don't know what to write. She was found by one Pink Floyd guy, so her music is influenced by progressive rock. Anyway, she is genious. Many of her songs have been originally her poems, she just created music and melody around it. " Hounds of Love" is most pop of her albums, so I call her now pop artist, even really her music is closer to alternative. By the way, she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Classical 80's pop song by Kate Bush, "Running up that Hill (Deal with God)"


Kate Bush: Babooshka (1980)

Not so good photo.. anyway, David Bowie: Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)

Would this be played from NRJ?  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti